Pages

"In order to be irreplaceaple one must always be different."



Coco Chanel




Tuesday 7 June 2011

NZ Fashion Update

Alrightie, so I've been a wee bit naughty over the past few months and haven't made any updates. I don't want you to confuse my lack of posts with a lack of good street fashion in New Zealand. Far from it. The truth is I've been busy relocating to Auckland, finding a home and getting a job.

Now, enough about me, and more about what's happening in New Zealand. While trends in NZ street fashion are not too dissimilar to those of Europe and Asia there is a subtle difference. Kiwis seem to have an obsession with being unique, one of a kind individuals and often use clothes to prove it.

One prime example is this design student from Auckland University who I spotted on K Road.



































Trousers are his own unique design and while they're 'out there' in terms of being a bold statement, they incorporate a high level of design and are quite simply beautiful.  Sunglasses are by Karen Walker (love love KW eyewear) who happens to be one of my fav NZ designers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment